Turn to Our Knowledgeable Team Help for Your Immigration Path SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION

Renewal of Green Card Attorney in Woburn, Massachusetts

Any activity involved in the U.S. immigration process is complicated and confusing. There are documents you must produce, forms you must complete, and deadlines you must meet. If you do not do everything as required, you can be unsuccessful in your attempt to enter or stay in the country.

Successful green card renewal is critical to your ability to live and work here legally. To make the process easier, let Corbaci Law, P.C. guide you through it. We are dedicated to helping immigrants and families in Woburn, Marlborough, Boston, Framingham, and throughout Massachusetts.

Need Help Renewing Your Green Card?
Contact Us Today

Who Is Eligible to Renew a Green Card?

Your permanent resident card allows you to live and work legally in the United States. Any current holder of a two-year or 10-year green card is eligible to renew their card when it expires or shortly before it expires. Conditional permanent residents must renew their cards every two years. Lawful permanent residents must renew their cards every 10 years.

Eligibility for renewal or replacement also applies to you if:

  • Your card was stolen, destroyed, or lost;

  • You turn age 14 and your card was issued before your 14th birthday unless it expires before you turn 16;

  • You are a permanent resident living here and are moving to commuter status or have been commuting to work here while living elsewhere and are now going to live in the U.S.;

  • Your status has been upgraded from conditional to permanent resident;

  • Your card has incorrect information or your name or other information on your card has changed; or,

  • You have an old version of the green card.

When Do I Need to Renew My Green Card?

If you attempt to renew your green card earlier than six months prior to the expiration date, your application will probably be rejected. Six months prior to the expiration date is an acceptable time to begin. You can wait until it expires to renew it, but because there is a process, you may not want to wait that long. The process currently takes between seven and 11 months to obtain your new card.

Once you have been here for 10 years, it is easy to forget that your green card expires. However, renewing it is extremely important.

If you have had a green card for at least 10 years, you may qualify to apply for U.S. citizenship. You should still apply for the renewal of your green card, but you may want to work with an immigration attorney to apply for U.S. citizenship as well.

How Do I Renew My Green Card?

The process for renewing a green card begins with completing a form and providing all of the necessary documentation with it, as do most immigration processes. You will need to make sure you submit a form that is complete and without errors or risk having your application for renewal rejected.

If you are here in the U.S., you should file the form here. If you will be traveling outside the country at the time your green card expires, you will need to apply at the local U.S. Consulate, an office of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), or a U.S. port of entry.

Accuracy, completeness, and timing are extremely important in the green card renewal process. You should work with an immigration attorney to increase your chance of successful renewal and reduce the amount of stress you experience during the process.

Renewal of Green Card Attorney Serving Woburn, Massachusetts

To remain in the U.S. to live and work legally, you must comply with the legal requirements. At Corbaci Law, P.C., we know the process can be stressful and confusing. We are dedicated to helping immigrants and families in Woburn and throughout Massachusetts renew their green cards if they choose to remain here. You do not need to go through this process alone. Call Corbaci Law, P.C. today.